Animal Worker v 2.3
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a hired Ranch Hand to help with the animals on your farm? That’s the purpose of this mod.
What does it do?
Everyday at 7am, the animal worker will refill all the water troughs and lay out new straw for the animals for a small fee.
Fee is $500 + economic difficulty + 15% (Will be updated in the future with exact market prices for water, straw, food etc..)
Currently, you just have to install and load the mod and it runs.
Conflicts / Known Issues
No known conflicts as of yet.
Will only work with USD, will add the moneyType parameter.
Not tested / compatible with multiplayer clients yet.
– Set moneyType (EUR,USD,GBP), multiplayer compatibility (client/server farm ownership)
– Add config file for fees and work to be done.
– Add food refills for each animal type owned.
– Add clean animals and train horses (There are already mods for this [horse helper and animals clean] so not a priority).
– Sell produce (manure, wool, eggs, milk) — Note: Animal Pen Extension already has a milk contractor built in.
– Ambitious: Spawn worker in vehicle to care for animals (would change fee to hourly rate).
– GUI (LAlt + NumPad0) now loads with current settings from XML on initial load.
– F1 Help menu text displays worker status as active or not active for (LAlt + 0) toggle feedback.
– On-screen feedback (top notification) when worker toggled or charges for work, shows for 5 seconds
– Now trains horses 4 times a day with configurable hourly rate per horse at 8am, 9am, 10am, 11am (if you have HorseHelper, set train Horses to false)
– More settings configurations (Activate horse training and hourly rate to charge)
– Fixed Dutch translation for Animal Worker (All translations based on Google Translate)
– Added changelog.txt to .zip
New in Version 2.2
– Optimized performance, and fixed typos.
– Added key binds and GUI menu to configure settings.
– Left Alt + 0 to toggle worker status; Left Alt + NumPad 0 to open settings menu; (must be on foot)
– All settings can now be configured in-game (active, fee, base cost, capacity, clean pens)
– Added more language files for 4 total languages (English, Dutch, French, Spanish)
New in Version 2.1
– Set worker to active by default and added 2 more settings to clean the pens and how to fill troughs.
– Settings file is in your modSettings folder (modsSettings/animalWorker/animalWorker.xml)
– Fixed expenses, now listed under Animal Upkeep, also configurable.
– Now uses all feed types. Serial consumers (cows/pigs) get rations based on consumption.
– For less feed set fillToCapacity to false, they will only get daily rations per animal; enough for 6 days. Set to true to fill the troughs.
New in Version 2.0
– Feeds all animals one type of food based on 6 days of consumption per animal per weight. (Doesn’t completely fill the trough)
– New settings XML file in modsettings folder to configure animal worker is active, base price per animal (to feed) and fee.
– Costs are added daily at exactly 7 am and printed out in the dev console, along with number of animals fed.
– Multilingual description
– Multiplayer compatible